I just finished updating my Azure Stack ASDK to the latest 1901 version. Before the upgrade I was messing around with the Kubernetes cluster offering, and I wanted to get that added back to my ASDK now that I’ve performed the update. I rushed through the process, and of course got an error. And that error was not very helpful. Just in case you’re like me, and missed a step in the setup for K8s on Azure Stack, here are the various error messages and the solution.
The TL;DR? Add the Service Principal you created for K8s as a Contributor on the subscription the cluster will be running in.
Continue reading “Deploying a Kubernetes Cluster on Azure Stack fails”
Not too long ago, I got a DL380 Gen10 from HPE to deploy the Azure Stack Development Kit. I had been limping along with a couple Frankstein systems running on Gen8 and Gen9 hardware. They had slow disks, not enough storage, and not enough RAM. This new beast has 384GB of RAM, 20 cores, and SSDs for the OS disk. Basically it’s awesome, and I am a very happy nerd. Since the early days of the ASDK, when it was just a little Technical Preview, there have appeared a growing library of scripts to help with the deployment of the ASDK. Since I am deploying the latest version today (1811), I thought it might be a good idea to share some helper scripts I put together to make the process a bit faster.
Continue reading “Some helper scripts for Azure Stack Development Kit”